Recipes for Greek Main Dishes
- Au Gratin & Moussaka Dishes (9)
- Beef & Veal Recipes (18)
- Chicken, Turkey, Game Meats (32)
- Egg Dishes (11)
- Fish & Seafood Recipes (39)
- Fried/Skillet Main Dishes (10)
- Ground Meat Recipes (32)
- Lamb & Kid Recipes (27)
- Meat & Potatoes (12)
- On the Grill/Barbecue
- Oven Casseroles (25)
- Pasta Dishes (20)
- Pork Recipes (21)
- Pressure Cooker Dishes (6)
- Roasted Meats (15)
- Souvlaki (Skewered Kebabs) (7)
- Stovetop Casseroles, Stews (40)
- Stuffed Vegetables & Leaves (19)
- Vegetarian (Meatless) (31)
4-Meat Oven Stew with Feta - Kreata me Feta
Can four different meats (including turkey) be cooked together? Of course, and this oven stew that adds feta cheese to the mix is the perfect example.
This recipe is for homemade pizza with bacon, tomatoes, ham, peppers, and cheese toppings. Easy to make with pita bread or the dough in the recipe, and it's my granddaughter's (Aliki's) favorite.
Popping Fried Snails - Kohli Bourbouristi
"Bourbouristi" isn't really a word - it's the Greek equivalent of the sound the snails make when frying. These snails, seasoned with rosemary, are a great main dish or meze.
Snails and Stone-Ground Wheat or Bulgur
Snails are a specialty on the island of Crete, and this is a classic recipe for snails cooked with stone-ground wheat. Bulgur is a common alternative and perhaps more readily available.