Chicken with a yogurt sauce is a Greek favorite, but the combination of full-fat yogurt, olive oil, and chicken skin can take it well out of reach for those looking to bring down their fat intake. This recipe does a good job of reducing the fat while keeping the taste.
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/3 pounds of skinned chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of plain, strained fat-free yogurt
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
- 1/5 pound of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oveν to 340°F (170°C).
Salt the chicken and place in a shallow baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 cup of water. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 340°F (170°C). While the chicken is baking, heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan. Add flour and stir while adding 1/4 cup of water, the yogurt, wine, lemon peel, and pepper.
Remove the chicken from the oven. Place mushrooms on top of the pieces of chicken and spoon yogurt sauce evenly over the chicken. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for another 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
Yield: serves 4
- Calories: 270
- Protein: 37.5 gr
- Fat: 8.9 gr
- Carbohydrates: 10.2 gr
- Cholesterol: 87 mg