In Greek: μους γιαούρτι, say: moos yeeah-OOR-tee
Use this fabulous mousse to create parfaits, as a topping on cakes and shortbreads, and as a dessert on its own, topped with fruit syrups or spoon sweets.
- 3/4 teaspoons of unflavored granulated gelatin
- 3 tablespoons of hot water (tap water)
- 2 cups of whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 3 level tablespoons of confectioner's sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of thick Greek yogurt *
- * If thick Greek yogurt is unavailable, you can strain unflavored commercial yogurt to thicken, and use.
Dissolve gelatin in hot water.
Make the whipped cream: Beat together cream and sugar until the thick and stiff.
In a separate bowl, combine the dissolved gelatin with the yogurt and mix to combine thoroughly.
With a spatula, fold yogurt mixture into to the whipped cream and combine gently but thoroughly.
Refrigerate until ready to use.