A member of the onion family, prasa (leeks) are favorites that can be cooked in many ways. In this recipe, leeks take center stage, combined with a medium-sharp cheese, eggs, milk, and parsley, layered between thin sheets of phyllo (filo) dough.
- Recipe for Prasopita - Leek Pie with Cheese
- More Recipes for Pites & Pitakia - Large & Small Phyllo Pies
Love leeks? Here are a few more options:
- Pork Ragout with Leeks & Fennel - Hoirino me Prasa
- Leeks with Rice - Prasoryzo
- Salmon & Leek Pie - Pita me Solomo & Prasa
- Poached Salt Cod with Leeks in Lemon Sauce - Bakaliaros Pose
Photo © N. Gaifyllia, licensed to About.com, Inc.